Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, July 19, 2010

Creeper Lagoon - Take Back The Universe And Give Me Yesterday



Welcome back B Siders! Not sure about you, but this weekend was WAY too short. On one hand, it's nice to be busy and have things going on - but then when you get back to work, you feel gypped. Anyway, since my mood is odd, I went with an odd review for today. Creeper Lagoon is a band that I slipped upon back in 2005. I heard a song that I enjoyed, and for literally a year I had no idea who it was. Finally it bothered me enough to run some extensive Google searches, and presto. Creeper Lagoon finally got it's proper recognition on my iPod. There really isn't a whole lot of information about these guys out there. They're from San Francisco, but aren't signed to any major labels. This is in fact the only record that has extended information on it via Wikipedia. I don't really know how I'd classify these guys other than odd. The songs I really enjoy are 'mood' type tracks, but that's certainly not what the entire record is. They have some heavier-ish type tracks that would still be indie rock I guess, but more folkish. It's different. Maybe that's why I like it. It's a good change of pace when I'm not in the mood for anything. Check it out. I can't sit here and say you'll love it - but it's probably tough to hate it. Just a guess. If nothing else, it's a great way to start your Monday!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Chance Of A Lifetime
2. Wrecking Ball
3. Sunfair
4. She Loves Me Not
5. Up All Night
6. Naked Days
7. Under The Tracks
8. Dead Man Saloon
9. Hey Sister
10. Cellophane
11. Keep From Moving
12. Lover's Leap
13. Here We Are

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Under The Tracks
2. Chance Of A Lifetime
3. Cellophane

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment