Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Friday, July 2, 2010

Evanescence - Fallen



Hooray for Friday!! I decided to roll the dice today with Evanescence. And I have to be careful not to use the band's name too much in my review today, because quite frankly, I'll misspell it 9 out of 10 times. Now, I'm a guy who can really enjoy lyrics and a great vocal. It's not usually the first thing I listen for in my songs (a beat will normally catch my ear first), but especially when I review music, I put a lot of value in the quality of the vocal and I try to lose myself in it - so I can know if it's something I'd listen to over and over. In that incredibly long explanation, all I can say is Amy Lee has one of the most AMAZING voices I've ever heard. Her passion in Bring Me To Life makes that song well worth listening to. Her haunting passion in My Immortal makes that one of the best songs of the 2000's. (Hey, it's 2010 now, I can do B Side's top 100 of the aughts!) These guys have only dropped two albums so far with this one coming out in 2003 and selling over 7 million copies in the US. It's rumored that they'll be coming out with another one this October - so keep your eyes peeled for that. One thing is certainly true about Fallen, it's a collection of very emotional tracks that stirs up emotion in the listener. It seems they are trying to tell a story one to the next and they very much succeed. Please give this a go B Side. Friday will feel a little better after tossing on some Evanescence.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Going Under
2. Bring Me to Life
3. Everybody's Fool
4. My Immortal
5. Haunted
6. Tourniquet
7. Imaginary
8. Taking Over Me
9. Hello
10. My Last Breath
11. Whisper

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. My Immortal
2. Going Under
3. Bring Me To Life

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment