Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Orbital - Orbital 2



You know what? Techno Wednesday just doesn't have the same ring to it. My apologies dance fans. Yesterday I ended up with two New Music Tuesday reviews and didn't fit the Techno Tuesday in. But hey, day late is better than no dance at all right? Anyway, I decided to go with Orbital today. They're not your classic techno dance of today - this album dates all the way back to 1993. Now, I know I wasn't grinding all night to hot beats back then, but I'm guessing a few of you might recognize a track from this album. Maybe the movie 'Hackers' will ring a bell...? These guys are an English band, been around forever. They broke up around 2005 but have decided to get back together for performances today. Their earliest record came out in 1991 and the latest in 2009. This is really the only one I'm super familiar with though. And honestly, this is pretty good. It really isn't like modern dance that contains a vocal along with the beat. The Hacker track does, but this one is more on the house level. But I'd check this out if I were a dance fan. It's got a nice feel to it. It was named in the book 1001 Albums To Hear Before You Die...and that makes sense. School yourself with a little techno today!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Time Becomes
2. Planet of the Shapes
3. Lush 3-1
4. Lush 3-2
5. Impact (The Earth Is Burning)
6. Remind
7. Walk Now...
8. Monday
9. Halcyon + On + On
10. Input Out

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Halcyon + On + On
2. Lush 3-1
3. Planet Of The Shapes

FINAL RATING:
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment