Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Miranda Lambert - Revolution



Hello Thursday. Hello Country day. When I review anything country related, do I even need to reiterate that it comes via JenInTosa and the Suggestion Box? I mean, I've done a few here and there that were my own discoveries, but 9 out of 10 come from Jen. Hey! That could be your new slogan - "9 out of 10 come from Jen". I'd use that if I were you in given situations. Anyway, Miranda Lambert. Simply another artist I'd never even heard of before the suggestion came in. So she gained fame by not winning of course, but taking third in the country world's version of American Idol. Their's being called, 'Nashville Star'. She was on the show in 2005 and caught the eye of Epic Records. This is her third studio release and it dropped in 2009. All of her albums have not been very high sellers - her first going platinum and then numbers 2 and 3 only seeing gold status. Not great, but I'm sure she's still rolling in the dollars. She is certainly unlike any female artist I've reviewed thus far in the country world. I'm not an expert on what country-pop is, but I thought Taylor Swift was the gold standard in that type of country. Well, I think this is for the most part way more poppy than Swift. The only difference is, Swift's tracks are way more catchy and toe tapping. To me, a lot of this album sounds the same, and it gets a little repetitive. Plus, on the track 'White Liar', she's either doing something really strange vocally, or she's using Auto Tune in spots. If the latter is true, wow. Country going auto tune would be...wow. All in all, I think there are much better female country artists right now to listen to, and maybe wait until you're plain sick of those to give Lambert a try.

TRACK LISTING:
1. White Liar
2. Only Prettier
3. Dead Flowers
4. Me and Your Cigarettes
5. Maintain the Pain
6. Airstream Song
7. Makin' Plans
8. Time to Get a Gun
9. Somewhere Trouble Don't Go
10. House That Built Me, The
11. Love Song
12. Heart Like Mine
13. Sin for a Sin
14. That's the Way That the World Goes 'Round
15. Virginia Bluebell

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. The House That Built Me
2. Dead Flowers
3. Love Song

FINAL RATING:
2.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment