Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lacuna Coil - Shallow Life



Back to the reality of reviewing albums again. Taking a break and going on a rant or making a 'Top 100' list are always a lot of fun. It's interesting to hear feedback on those type of things...I spent literally two weeks making that and probably missed some stuff, but to hear what other people think is better than others is fun. Best part, there isn't a wrong answer. Well anyway - Lacuna Coil didn't make that list. More than likely because I never heard of them before. This comes straight out of the Suggestion Box from follower Janis! Turns out these guys formed in Italy, which is kind of neat. I don't think I've reviewed any international people except for UK yet. Chalk it up to something new. They are making a gothic rock type music - I guess I'd say it's heavier, not really metal, but has elements. THey have a pretty solid lead singer lady, and she slows down a couple tracks too. It's an interesting listen. I'm not really sure I have an opinion yet. I feel like they have pretty big potential, but this album might not be indicative of their best work. I think Shallow Life is pretty good in spots, but then lazy in others. It almost seems like they're trying very hard to be Evanescence on multiple tracks. Many of the tracks sound pretty similar - not that it really bothered me the couple times through. Just more of an observation. This is their fifth studio album, so maybe I'll have to look into the earlier stuff. I may be on the cusp of enjoying them, just need to hear more evidence.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Survive
2. I Wont' Tell You
3. Not Enough
4. I'm Not Afraid
5. I Like It
6. Underdog
7. Pain, The
8. Spellbound
9. Wide Awake
10. Maze, The
11. Unchained
12. Shallow Life

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Survive
2. Spellbound
3. Wide Awake

FINAL RATING:
2.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment