Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, August 22, 2011

Atreyu - Lead Sails Paper Anchor



Hello Monday, apologies to the B Side Nation for Friday - I ended up getting side tracked and not posting anything. I didn't have anything mind blowing in mind anyway, so no huge loss to you guys. But we're back today with Atreyu, a metal band that follower janis! has asked me to take a look at. They formed in 1998 and hail out of Orange County, California. The name of the band was initially Retribution, but it was changed to Atreyu after the character of the same name from 'The Neverending Story'. What a fun kids film that is - but I digress. They have five studio albums out there, and I decided to choose this one today because of it's status. Now, it didn't sell a million copies or anything - but it charted as high as eighth on the overall US charts, so that's pretty solid. The album came out right around this time in 2007 - only to be repackaged and re-released in 2008 again with some new artwork and a couple new tracks. They did some cool things leading up to release, like a jigsaw puzzle for fans that would play a new track upon completion. They put together a couple other fun games on the website too, a neat idea. Anyways, these guys are metal - but I'm not sure they're doing anything that sets them apart from any other hard rock band out there today. I was pretty "meh" on this until I got to track 13. You guys all know how much I adore covers, and they covered one of my favorite metal songs of all time - 'Epic' by Faith No More. Love it. Nice cover too. That will take the rating up a notch or two, but all in all - I'm not sure I'd listen to this one over and over. I enjoy it, but probably not enough to come back to often. Worth a listen though, even to the metal novice.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Doomsday
2. Honor
3. Falling Down
4. Becoming the Bull
5. When Two Are One
6. Lose It
7. No One Cares
8. Can't Happen Here
9. Slow Burn
10. Blow
11. Lead Sails (And a Paper Anchor)
12. Squeeze, The (Bonus Track)
13. Epic (Bonus Track)
14. Clean Sheets (Bonus Track)

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Epic
2. Lose It
3. Lead Sails

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment