Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, August 1, 2011

Justin Moore - Outlaws Like Me



Oh Monday. How dare you come back so quickly? I felt like I went to bed Friday night and woke up Monday morning. Terrible. Anyhow, checking out the country music charts right now, Mr. Moore here is lighting it up with his single, 'If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away'. He's from Arkansas, and has been making music for about half a decade now. He's only 27 years old, so one could assume if he takes off, he'll be around for a while. Of course, when he had his first whiff of being able to make it in the industry - he upped and moved to Nashville. All country artists seem do to that. Apparently, you can't make it big anywhere else. I'm having a hard time figuring out this fellas style though. He's got that very traditional country sound - very twangy, lyrically very traditional as well. But then you see the image he's portraying and all that, and he's very modern. He'd be a guy you could easily see doing a duet with Taylor Swift or something. His track 'Beer Time' is very modern, and could easily pass on the contemporary country charts. I suppose that could be a blend of the best of each world...but I'd need to hear more by him to declare that. Overall, I don't mind his sound - but it's kind of not memorable. The big single is a ballad and it's a pretty good track. But I'm not sure if it came on the radio tonight, I'd be able to pick it out. Nice lyrics though, and I can see why it's popular. I can see why he's popular. Worth a country listen without a doubt.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Redneck Side
2. My Kind of Woman
3. If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away
4. Run Out of Honky Tonks
5. Beer Time
6. Bait a Hook
7. Flyin' Down a Back Road
8. If You Don't Like My Twang
9. Guns
10. Sunshine Babies
11. Til My Last Day
12. Bed of My Chevy
13. Outlaws Like Me

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away
2. Run Out Of Honky Tonks
3. Sunshine Babies

FINAL RATING:
2.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment