Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Craig Morgan - My Kind Of Livin'



Thursday is here, and it's time for a country music review! Going back to my JenInTosa suggestion box entry - I only have two acts left from her list. My country recommendations are dwindling next to essentially nothing! If you have some specific albums I haven't gotten to yet, or an artist I haven't heard of, toss it my way! For today though, it's Craig Morgan. Craig was born in 1965 and lived in - you guessed it, Tennessee. He became an EMT at the age of 18 and was a soldier in the United State military. He was stationed in Korea, and while abroad, worked on his singing and guitar playing for the other fellas in his unit. He got his first music break finally in the the year 2000. This particular record was his third studio release, and is the only album to chart - being certified gold status. I think being a veteran and serving makes for a solid foundation of country music. And this album is about as old fashioned country music as you can imagine. I think in general, critics favor this record, but give it very average ratings after the wordy praise is over. And I as well have nothing bad to say about this album. It's got the old knee slappin' brand of country fun - but it's also lacking something to make it that 4 star plus record. I'm rooting for him though, and I see he's still putting out more music. I think based on this record, he has potential, but now it's 6 years later and hopefully he realized some of it.

TRACK LISTING:
1. That's What I Love About Sunday
2. I Got You
3. That's When I'll Believe That You're Gone
4. I'm Country
5. Lotta Man (In That Little Boy)
6. If You Like That
7. Ain't the Way I Wanna Go Out
8. Redneck Yacht Club
9. Rain For the Roses
10. Blame Me
11. Cowboy and Clown
12. In My Neighborhood

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. That's What I Love About Sunday
2. I Got You
3. Redneck Yacht Club

FINAL RATING:
2.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment