Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bryan Adams - Reckless



Well hello there Hump Day. Welcome to my humble abode. Calling things classic is really an inexact science. Take for example Mr. Bryan Adams here. I'm sure many people out there in blog reader land wouldn't consider him to be a classic rock artist. Well, if we're using the vehicle identification qualifier, this record is 27 years old, meaning - it's a classic. Hard to believe, I know. I'm a little too young to recall when this came out in 1984 - but it came out to much acclaim. It's sitting at 5x platinum in the states, and it's easy to see and hear why. I can't call myself a big Bryan Adams fan or anything - but it seems every single song I know by him is on this album. I'm sure that's not the case, but I recognize just about every track here. I think a lot of people from my generation will remember him for 'Everything I Do, I Do It For You' - which is a contender for not only longest short worded title ever, but also cheesiest song ever. But that was 90's Adams, and we're talking about 80's Adams. The reviews of this are very up and down. I've seen it rated as high as 5 stars and as low as 3. I've even seen it listen on the top album of all time, scoring really high in best Canadian albums of all time. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle. While it's 80's pop rock at its finest, it's got a little substance to it. And we all remember DJ Sammy's awesome dance remix of 'Heaven' which is off this album. Can't put the cart before the horse so to speak. I'll mark it down just a notch for the cover art (not as bad as H2O) but give it a notch up for the staying power of some of the rock anthem tracks. All in all, worth a listen anytime.

TRACK LISTING:
1. One Night Love Affair
2. She's Only Happy When She's Dancin'
3. Run to You
4. Heaven
5. Somebody
6. Summer of '69
7. Kids Wanna Rock
8. It's Only Love
9. Long Gone
10. Ain't Gonna Cry

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Run To You
2. Heaven
3. Summer of 69

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment