Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, May 30, 2011

Bassnectar - Cozza Frenzy



Hopefully everyone had a nice, long holiday weekend. And hopefully everyone stayed well out of trouble and listened to some of their favorite tuneage! I decided to bump the latest Kanye album over the weekend, which was a nice little gift to myself. Anyways, it's Tuesday, so Techno Tuesday is back in full effect. And today we get to a DJ named Bassnectar - real name Lorin Ashton. He's from Santa Cruz, California, and has been dropping phat, funky beats since the 90's. I think any beatnut would know by know, but the casual fan probably doesn't - but dubstep is all the rage right now. What is it you ask? I'll tell you. It's basically very tight productions with really sick bass lines and then reverbed drum patterns with usually sampling over the top or lyrics over the top. While I wouldn't necessarily call Bassnectar dubstep, he employs the wobble bass that many dubstep producers use. He's fairly well known for some sick shows, and performed a greatly reviewed show in Broomfield, Colorado last year. That's cool for me, because a friend of mine lives maybe 5 mins from the First Bank Center. He uses a lot of light based stuff and supposedly interacts with the crowd well. I'd love to see a show someday, I'll have to keep posted to the CO scene now. Anyways, this is a pretty solid record. If you're into dance music, this is beyond solid. There are some really great tracks individually, but as a whole this really stacks up too. Well worth a go today if you're in that beaty mood.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Boombox
2. Cozza Frenzy
3. Cozza Frenzy (Mega-Bass Remix)
4. The Churn of The Century
5. Love Here (Remix)
6. Backpack Rehab
7. Teleport Massive
8. West Coast Lo-Fi Rides Again
9. When I Grow Up (Remix)
10. I Am A Laser Feat. Double You
11. Window Seat
12. I Wish I Was A Hipster
13. Are You Ready
14. Boombox (Remix)
15. Before We Dissolve

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. I Am A Laser
2. Window Seat
3. Boombox

FINAL RATING:
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment