Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Limp Bizkit - Three Dollar Bill Y'all



Thursday has arrived, and Friday can't come any sooner. Not sure about you guys, but it feels like it's been a 9 day week already. Peterman asked that I get to a little Limp, and specifically this album - and this album only. I reviewed 'Significant Other' quite a while back now, and it received praise from the B Side. This one I'm much less familiar with. I recall hearing 'Faith', and that's about it. I seem to recall these guys kicking up a big fuss only when they started touring, especially at venues like Ozzfest. I remember hearing about putting a giant toilet on stage and having the band crawl out of the toilet to start the show. Fans being enamored with lines like, "we're coming to you straight from the sewer." and Durst saying, "I'm a piece of sh*t and this whole band is a piece of sh*t!" They dropped 'Counterfeit' as the lead single from this record, but it wasn't until 'Faith' dropped that it started leaving store shelves. It didn't sell well at all at first, but combine the touring with the pop culture shock Faith did have, it started steadily selling. It currently sits at a nice 2x platinum in the states. This album came out in 1997, and it sounds like Limp will be reuniting and putting yet another record out this year sometime. We'll see if it gets delayed or not. Anyhow, I think you all know Limp's style. They were still dabbling a bit more in the rap genre with this record, and it's frankly not my favorite. That's why you bring in Method Man on the next album, for some credibility. By no means is this bad, it's simply not the best Limp album out there.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Intro
2. Pollution
3. Counterfeit
4. Stuck
5. Nobody Loves Me
6. Sour
7. Stalemate
8. Clunk
9. Faith
10. Stink Finger
11. Indigo Flow
12. Leech
13. Everything

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Faith
2. Counterfeit
3. Sour

FINAL RATING:
2.75 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. I suggested this album because it was before they really hit big, and it had an original sound, after this album it seems like they were just playing towards the popular sound that would get them sales. It may not be their best album, but to me it's the most original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll agree it was more original, I just don't think they pulled off the rap/rock thing super well.

    I guess it would be nice, if I could touch your body.

    ReplyDelete