Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Friday, May 27, 2011

Lit - A Place In The Sun



It can be quite staggering how you roll up on some old music, and are completely taken aback by what constituted as popular decades ago. While flipping through my satellite radio the other day, Lit's 'Miserable' came on and it took me all of 30 seconds to recall how much I couldn't stand the song back in the day, let alone now. I decied to give the band a real shot though, and not judge them on one track. Hopefully they don't let me down. These guys were based out of Fullerton, California and started making music ni 1989 or so. The formed as "Razzle" but they changed their name to "Stain" shortly thereafter. They didn't officially become Lit until 1996. This was technically their 4th studio drop, and it came out in 1999. It is sitting at a platinum status here in the states, which isn't shocking due to the two big singles off the record. Digging through this album, I'm not really sure what's it's offering to me. It's got that wannabe alt rock feel to it, but nothing of real substance beyond the looks. They definitely have a pop feel also, which doesn't add up to anything other than a bunch of nonsense. The album comes out with a big old fat rock track, making you believe that something big is on the way. But then you follow up with 'My Own Worst Enemy', which is nothing more than a bubble gum track you'd expect from any crappy band trying to sell a record. It pretty much continues on that theme for 11 more tracks, all of which sounding exactly the same as the previous. They've put out a handful of record since this one, none selling any large quantity. They're working on another one too, maybe I'll come back some day to see if the music got any better. I won't be holding my breath.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Four
2. My Own Worst Enemy
3. Down
4. Miserable
5. No Big Thing
6. Zip-Lock
7. Lovely Day
8. Perfect One
9. Quicksand
10. Happy
11. Best Is Yet to Come Undone, The
12. Place in the Sun, A

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Four
2. Miserable
3. My Own Worst Enemy

FINAL RATING:
.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment