Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Lonely Island - Turtleneck And Chain



Every so often I like to drop a comedy album in here. I think it's important to mix up your music with a little oddball stuff every now and again. And a good comedy record is a perfect cure for the indifference. Lonely Island's 'Incredibad' was an absolutely hilarious record. I got into a conversation with a friend just the other day, and I was talking about how all of their stuff is better in video form, because you have the visual assistance to make the words a little funnier. Sometimes they even talk about something that doesn't make sense just in words, like the awesome track 'Threw It On The Ground'. There are lyrics something to the effect of "I threw that on the ground! And that on the ground!" - which if you're not watching something, makes no sense. And even on Akon collaboration 'I Just Had Sex' - it's a funny song on its own, but it's that much better watching the video. Also the same with 'The Creep'. I wasn't as big a fan of that song in general, but when you watch the video - it makes a little more sense than just listening to the song. On an interesting sidenote, Lonely Island decided to release this one with a clean version, which they hadn't done in the past. They are starting to recognize they have young fans too, which makes sense. I'd have to listen to this a few more times, but at first couple listens, I don't think it's quite as good as the original. But it has time to grow on me, and I'm sure a couple tracks will get funnier and funnier.

TRACK LISTING:
1. We're Back!
2. Mama
3. I Just Had Sex
4. Jack Sparrow
5. Attracted to Us
6. Rocky
7. My Mic – Interlude
8. Turtleneck & Chain
9. Shy Ronnie 2: Ronnie & Clyde
10. Trouble on Dookie Island
11. Falcor vs. Atreyu – Classy Skit #1
12. Motherlover
13. The Creep
14. Watch Me Do Me – Classy Skit #2
15. Threw It on the Ground
16. Japan
17. After Party
18. No Homo
19. No Homo Outro

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Threw It On The Ground
2. Jack Sparrow
3. I Just Had Sex

FINAL RATING:
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment