Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, May 30, 2011

My Morning Jacket - Circuital



There were a few New Music Tuesday albums to choose from today, including a neat looking ukulele album from Mr. Eddie Vedder. Maybe I'll get to that next week though. I decided to go with MMJ today - frankly because of my lack of knowledge about them. I did an album by theirs a while back titled, 'Evil Urges' - which I really enjoyed. That album came out all the way back in 2008, and this is their first drop since then. I haven't really heard anything else by them, as it's pretty hard to hear anything by them in pop culture. At least nothing in my pop culture world. I'd like to get to know more by them, as it seems to be a style of music I could really jam with from time to time. So here we are. The band was doing something pretty cool, releasing a free track once per week leading up to the release date of the record. Which is pretty genius, because it slowly leaks tracks so people retain interest for a number of weeks, and then it builds hype for the actual release. Sure it may cause a slight drop in total sales, but with this crazy internet based system nowadays, I wonder how much bands really care. You're seeing more and more groups give away tracks at no cost or much smaller cost. For some reason, MMJ and the tv show 'American Dad' have teamed up a few times, and they were featured recently again with a track from this record. Overall, I'm not sure how often I could listen to this, but I enjoyed it. I've ran through it twice now, and both times I've found myself singing along. I'd encourage those others followers who've heard of MMJ but don't know a bunch by them to check this out. I think it's something everyone can enjoy.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Victory Dance
2. Circuital
3. Day Is Coming, The
4. Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
5. Outta My System
6. Holdin' On to Black Metal
7. First Light
8. You Wanna Freak Out
9. Slow Slow Tune
10. Movin' Away

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Movin Away
2. Slow Slow Tune
3. Circuital

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment