Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Black Keys - Brothers



First and foremost - my sincerest apologies to my fans. I haven't been posting on the weekends because viewership seems to really drop on Saturday and Sunday. I'm usually busy anyway and I figure if no one is reading, I might as well wait. Well, I didn't get to posting anything yesterday either, as I had a late night on Sunday and also had some crazy stuff come up yesterday. Well, thanks for understanding and BOOM!! New music Tuesday is back. Seems like forever ago now that I profiled the Black Keys as a great band you're not listening too. That statement stands true with the May 18th release of Brothers. It's another solid album from guys who don't seem to understand what bad music is. I fell in love with that dirty guitar and raw vocal from these guys since day one - and this record has a lot more than that. The album takes a little of a swirly trip at times and then seems like it's going spacey too. They added some resounding drum work with this also, and I love how that blends with some of the electronics they're using. Bottom line is, this didn't disappoint. It's hard for me to pick up a new record by a band that I love. I always feel like I'm going to end up disliking it because of my own incredibly high standards I have for groups. This one actually passed my expectations. For me to say that - it's a little surprising to my keyboard. I encourage and implore you to check these guys out. If you didn't at my request last time, do it now. Do not pass go, do not collect $200 dollars. Happy New Music Tuesday B Side!!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Everlasting Light
2. Next Girl
3. Tighten Up
4. Howlin' for You
5. She's Long Gone
6. Black Mud
7. Only One, The
8. Too Afraid to Love
9. Ten Cent Pistol
10. Sinister Kid
11. Go Getter, The
12. I'm Not the One
13. Unknown Brother
14. Never Gonna Give You Up
15. These Days

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. These Days
2. The Only One
3. Tighten Up

FINAL RATING:
4.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment