Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Conway Twitty - Hello Darlin'



I have to apologize to my country fans out there again. I have about 5 or 6 requests for reviews to get to yet, but I had to sneak this one in. As some of you may know, I enjoy the weekly shenanigans of Peter Griffin and friends on the TV show 'Family Guy'. In case you're not familiar, when Peter gets into a jam, or wants a distraction, he turns to the camera and says, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Conway Twitty" - and then an actual performance made for TV is shown on the episode. What was more funny - there was an episode titled "The Juice Is Loose" and they aired the entire video for "I See The Want To In Your Eyes". I recall this specifically because it prompted the people who were watching with me to stop their conversation and say, "What the hell??? This is still going??"" Hilarious. Anyway, I figured - why not give Conway a shot on the B Side? One thing I have to say, his voice is mesmerizing. Since I have a problem with that monotone type of vocal, he changes pitch and shows some range in just about every song. I only chose this record because it has probably his most famous track ever, in Hello Darlin'. Most of his music sounds the same, which is really about the only negative I can come up with. Crazy enough, I'd probably listen to this in my free time. Weird huh? I was doing some reading on Mr. Twitty, and he did some covers that I'd like to hear someday. Those include: 'Slow Hand', 'Heartache Tonight' and 'The Rose' by The Pointer Sisters, The Eagles and Bette Midler respectively. I encourage everyone to go honky tonk today and try a little Twitty. It might brighten up your Thursday!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Rocky Top
2. I'll Get Over Losing You
3. Up Comes the Bottle (Down Goes the Man)
4. You and Your Sweet Love
5. Hello Darlin'
6. Rose
7. Reuben James
8. I Never Once Stopped Loving You
9. Will You Visit Me on Sunday
10. Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain
11. I'm So Used to Loving You

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Hello Darlin'
2. Reuben James
3. Up Comes The Bottle (Down Goes The Man)

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment