Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rush - 2112



Ahh Rush. Very undervalued band for me. Everytime I listen to a little Rush - I feel like I should listen to them more. Is there a better drummer than Neal Peart?? Seriously, this album (pronounced Twenty One Twelve) is simply outstanding. The title track and opener is broken down into 6 parts:
* I: "Overture"
* II: "The Temples of Syrinx"
* III: "Discovery"
* IV: "Presentation"
* V: "Oracle: The Dream"
* VI: "Soliloquy"
* VII: "Grand Finale"
They each build on one another and flow into about 20 minutes of amazing music artistry. It's like a mini Dark Side of the Moon. It runs gambits of style, emotion and arrangement. Brilliant. The rest of the album is pretty solid too. You might feel like this being only a few tracks is a rip off - but it's well worth it. I have to imagine that if you're into classic rock as a whole, you'll love 2112. I encourage you to take a listen and let me know what you think. I know people get irritated with Getty Lee's vocals, but there isn't a lot of singing on this one. Mostly rock solid instrumentals that make you want to get up and move. Listen to this while getting out on this sunny day!

TRACK LISTING:
1. 2112
2. Passage To Bangkok, A
3. Twilight Zone, The
4. Lessons
5. Tears
6. Something For Nothing

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. 2112 Overture
2. 2112 Overture
3. A Passage to Bangkok

FINAL RATING:
4.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment