Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Fray - How To Save A Life



Ahh, The Fray. I would say they are a pretty good way to run through your Friday. I think I mentioned this before, but I was stunned and irritated when their show was nothing but teenage girls screaming about how hot the lead singer is. Maybe it's just me getting old and crotchety, but it really annoys me. I don't remember ever being that way going to shows when I was younger, plus - The Fray doesn't even seem to be that poppy that tweens would enjoy them. I guess if that's all you ever listened to was the title track, you may think that's the case. Truth is, I wanted to review this particular album because it's actually really good. I didn't really jive on the newer one thusfar, so I figured I'd pop on a golden oldie to start my day. Most of the tracks really are a 'mood' type genre. If you're in that rainy day mode, this cd will satisfy your hunger for methodical tuneage. I'm going to say most of the songs you've heard on the radio aren't the best on here, and they're not really a representation of how their music seems to be. The best I can say is check it out, you'll enjoy it. On a side note, I hated when they covered 'Heartless' by Kanye West. I mean, I get it that the song was ripe for covering and slowing down - but it was semi uncreative. The song was already very passionate and dark - so slowing it down and adding an acoustic guitar is a cop out for me. It's tougher to make a song like that work on a hip hop album. There was some guy who did a slow acoustic version of Kast's 'Hey Ya' a few years back, and that was visionary. Something like that, makes me lose respect. But this album is still good anyway, so groove through your Friday with it!

TRACK LISTING:
1. She Is
2. Over My Head (Cable Car)
3. How to Save a Life
4. All at Once
5. Fall Away
6. Heaven Forbid
7. Look After You
8. Hundred
9. Vienna
10. Dead Wrong
11. Little House
12. Trust Me

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Hundred
2. Heaven Forbid
3. Over My Head (Cable Car)

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment