Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Friday, May 7, 2010

David Nail - I'm About To Come Alive



Country day is back on the B Side - and today David Nail's one and only record came across my headphones. For my non country fans, I'm going to try to explain his style to you. He's different. His music has a different feel to it than typical country. If first starts out with great beats in the background. It kicks up with pretty good harmonized vocals - that are always complimented by something...there is some very well played acoustic guitar on some tracks, piano arrangement, harder electrics and then some flat snare. Very pleasing to the ear in almost all cases. Every site flat out lists this as country, but I think there are a few other elements in there. Mr. Nail has a 'mood' type feel to it in some spots, which has a little sound like a Ben Folds. I just reviewed Brandi Carlile the other day, and he has some elements of her too. Very strong on the mic and then passionate lyrically. I have to say I was pretty impressed. Part of it was I listened to track 1 first, and it really caught me. Loved the piano arrangement and the slow methodic vocal. For that reason, it will have to be my top track. To my country fans (JenInTosa recommended this one), I have to imagine you like this album. Seems like it can please both country and non-country fans alike. Non country groovers, check this one out too. I think you'll enjoy at least a couple tracks on this record as well. Happy Friday B Side!!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Mississippi
2. I'm About to Come Alive
3. Red Light
4. Again
5. Clouds
6. Summer Job Days
7. Strangers on a Train
8. Looking for a Good Time
9. This Time Around
10. Turning Home
11. Missouri

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Mississippi
2. I'm About To Come Alive
3. Clouds

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment