Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, May 3, 2010

Death Cab For Cutie - Plans



Back in the 2006 or so timeframe, I had no idea who these guys were. I think I'd heard the name before - but for certain none of the actual music. A friend of mine made an MP3 cd of all music she enjoyed, which was almost all punk/emo tuneage. I was schooled on quite a few new artists while listening to that - these guys were one of the many bands teaching class that day. I like their sound. They've got a bit of a Jack Johnson meets Coldplay thing going with 'Plans'. Very laid back guitar riffs, some solid beats on tracks and then some pretty solid lyrics and vocals you can sing along to. Death Cab never seemed to reach huge numbers for album sales, this one is their best selling just making platinum. I guess thinking about it, I don't seem to know anyone who is overly gaga over them, so maybe it makes sense. If you didn't already know, the lead singer is also the frontman for the Postal Service, so maybe I'll do a review of them soon as well. If you're in that laid back kind of mode today, toss this one on. I think you'll groove along with a few tracks. Looks like they have not put anything out since 2008 - so I'll have to do some research on whether or not they intend to soon. Happy Monday!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Marching Bands of Manhattan
2. Soul Meets Body
3. Summer Skin
4. Different Names For the Same Thing
5. I Will Follow You Into the Dark
6. Your Heart Is an Empty Room
7. Someday You Will Be Loved
8. Crooked Teeth
9. What Sara Said
10. Brothers on a Hotel Bed
11. Stable Song

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Marching Bands Of Manhattan
2. Different Names For The Same Thing
3. Crooked Teeth

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment