Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Stone Temple Pilots - Self Titled



Well hello there New Music Tuesday! Good to see you again! It's been way too long... Does it get any better than the new music being one of your favorite bands of all time? STP is making a monstrous comeback by touring the good old US of A and dropping a new album for the first time since the disappointing Shangri-La Dee Da back in 2001. I know I've talked about it 100 times now, but the show they put on at the Rave back in March was outstanding. There is a channel dedicated to music called Paladia in high def, and they replayed a the concert from the next night in Chicago last weekend. The energy at the shows was so incredible, and I think that was mostly because fans have wanted this for SO long. Someone like me, I never got the chance to see them live back in the day - and I always regretted it a little bit. Well, I got the chance now - and was super pumped. Just like I'm super pumped about this new release. Let me start by saying, this isn't your fathers STP. You have to remember that almost all of Weiland's lyrics were written while on every drug in the book. So this album loses that sort of craziness lyrically. What it may lack because of that, it makes up in extremely close attention to detail on the music side. A couple songs have incredible riffs that make you hungry for more. None of these songs were written by Weiland, so it gives the other guys a chance to shine. There is only one song that I have been kind of skipping over, but the rest I think are very solid. If you're looking for volume 2 of Core, you'll be unhappy - but if you sit back with an open mind, you'll enjoy this one. It's going to be interesting to see how other large sites review this album in time. I'm guessing a lot of people will feel jaded by it, but they shouldn't. If you're an STP nut like me, pick this one up today. Make sure you give it a shot, it might surprise you!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Between the Lines
2. Take a Load Off
3. Huckleberry Crumble
4. Hickory Dichotomy
5. Dare If You Dare
6. Cinnamon
7. Hazy Daze
8. Bagman
9. Peacoat
10. Fast As I Can
11. First Kiss On Mars
12. Maver

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Between The Lines
2. Hickory Dichotomy
3. Huckleberry Crumble

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment