Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Crash Test Dummies - Oooh La La



New Music Tuesday returns with a semi odd album. I think we've all heard of the Dummies before with such monstrous hits as MMM MMM MMM MMM and God Shuffled His Feet - but I'm not sure how many people have ever actually listened to an album by them before. I know I did back in the day - but being so young it was probably hard for me to appreciate their style. Side note for the day, what a SLOW new music day today. My choices were either this, Meat Loaf or something really - really obscure. Must just be one of those weeks. So back to CTD's, this album is very strange. It has a lot of big band type elements to it and then a couple songs that could pass for modern folk music. I can tell you this record was inspired by some old toys that used to produce music - but quite honestly the story is fairly boring. I can tell you the lead singer, Brad Roberts has one of those voices that is so intruiging, it makes you want more - but you probably already know about that. I can tell you that I was watching this channel called Paladia that shows only different concerts and then music videos late at night, and one day they had a CTD concert on. It was them playing at some church in the middle of Tennessee I think, back in the early 2000's. How weird is that? I think even the most religious of artists wouldn't play a church, and I know that Mr. Robers isn't that into the lord because he used the GD phrase in his tuneage which is typically a no-no. Very odd. Well anyhow, maybe one day I'll get to the old stuff by them, but until then give this one a shot. It's almost genreless with it's movement all over the music world. Kind of a neat idea, also kind of odd. So I'll have to rate it as such. I encourage you to check it out though, as it is kind of cool.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Songbird
2. You Said You'd Meet Me (In California)
3. And It's Beautiful
4. Paralyzed
5. In-Between Place, The
6. Not Today Baby
7. Heart Of Stone
8. Lake Bras d'Or
9. What I'm Famous For
10. Now You See Her
11. Put A Face

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Songbird
2. Heart Of Stone
3. And It's Beautiful

FINAL RATING:
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment