Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out



It would seem to me the whole 'punk' or 'emo' phase really hit an all time high as a genre in 2005. While it had solely underground success before, it hit the big time around that year. Commercially it seemed people couldn't get enough of bands like Fall Out Boy or Panic. The problem is, many of those bands had solid followings before the commercial breakthrough. That meant there would be a lot of imitators. Granted I don't know a ton about the genre, but it looks to me like this was Panic's first record - and it came after the big success of other groups. To me, they have a sound, a statement, a style and even the way they name songs were just copies of whatever other bands were doing. I don't feel this album was any more unique than the thousand other records put out in that genre in 05. Maybe it's because I didn't hear this until later that I formed my opinion. Either way, I don't feel their music is great - and I wouldn't actively listen to it. I guess if I were to go out and start my own band - I'd want to have my own identity with songs that people for sure knew was MY BAND when hearing it on the radio. Even when I hear a song like 'I Write Sins...' it could be anyone. I could name 15 bands that it might be. Given that and my general indifference of this brand of music, don't expect high rankings. Happy Hump Day!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Introduction
2. Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage, The
3. London Beckoned Songs About Money Written by Machines
4. Nails for Breakfast, Tacks for Snacks
5. Camisado
6. Time to Dance
7. Lying Is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off
8. Intermission
9. But It's Better If You Do
10. I Write Sins Not Tragedies
11. I Constantly Thank God for Esteban
12. There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just ...
13. Build God, Then We'll Talk

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. I Write Sins Not Tragedies
2. Lying Is The Most Fun...
3. Only Difference Between...

FINAL RATING:
1.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment