Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wolfgang Gartner - Bounce/Get It



Techno Tuesday is back with a semi odd caveat just like the new music review today. Wolfgang Gartner puts out a lot of music every couple of months, but the releases are all in separate EP type records. So I'm reviewing an 'album' that only has two tracks on it today. Strange right? Well, I'm doing this for two reasons. 1) Typically his albums only have one actual song on them, just mixed 3 or 4 different ways. I figured that's even less good, because you're really not getting introduced to anything new that way. 2) I'm hoping it will inspire people to go and listen to other stuff by him. If you've been grooving to my house/techno/dance day, this will get your toes tapping for sure. I first found out about Mr. Gartner about a year ago. I've been trying to get my hands on more stuff by him, but honestly he's hard to find. He has no entry on Wikipedia for cryin' out loud!! Who isn't on Wiki nowadays? He has a couple tracks on iTunes for purchase and then a few on other sources, but not easy to come by. Best Buy appears not to sell his stuff as I can't find it in the store or online. Not sure why I'd want to remain so out of reach if my goal was to make music to get rich, but that's another story. Anyway, dance nuts unite and check this out. I'm a little curious how many people I reach that are actually into this type of music. Maybe shoot me a post that gives me a yes or no. I really enjoy this genre, but maybe my recommendations are being passed over. If you've even got hooked on one song of one record I put out there, I'd love to hear that too. Happy Tuesday B Siders!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Bounce
2. Get It

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Bounce
2. Get It
3. Uhh....Bounce Again?

FINAL RATING:
Only because it's two songs:
2.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment