Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Blake Shelton - Startin' Fires



Nothing like a day where you go from reviewing a hard rock record to a country album. Makes this job/hobby/venture all the more exciting. The last couple country reviews via the B Side have been pretty favorable. Maybe you could say my musical interests have turned the corner. I'm growing as an individual and my tastes are becoming all the more sophisticated. ....well I wouldn't go that far. This particular record is tolerable for me. I wouldn't listen to it over and over, but it didn't annoy me either. I'm hearing a big knock on this fella is that his singles drastically outweigh his albums. Meaning, what you hear on the radio is great - makes you rush out to buy the record...and then BAM! It's like a punch to the gut. You realize you just spent 10 bucks on garbage. It happens to everyone. Problem for Mr. Shelton is, this stigma is kinda stuck to him. I mean, I knew nothing about this fella until reading various web sites - and most of them say the same thing, "don't buy the records". I won't say that this is that bad, top to bottom it has a certain feel to it. I guess I'd have to investigate which songs were the hit singles and see if those are the better ones in my head too. Ahh well. Country fans will more than likely love it...the rest of you can probably do without it.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Green
2. Good At Startin' Fires
3. She Wouldn't Be Gone
4. I'll Just Hold On
5. 100 Miles
6. Never Lovin' You
7. Country Strong
8. Home Sweet Home
9. This Is Gonna Take All Night
10. Here I Am
11. I Don't Care
12. Bare Skin Rug


Listen To Samples


Top 3 Tracks:
1. 100 Miles
2. She Wouldn't Be Gone
3. Home Sweet Home

FINAL RATING:
2.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment