Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonley Hearts Club Band



So, I haven't been doing any Beatles reviews because of their protection in the industry. I can't link samples to any of their work - so I hadn't bothered. Well, it was classic day and by gosh I felt like some Beatles. Sgt. Peppers is probably my favorite Beatles record. I know that saying you love the Beatles is cliche, and I think a lot of people dislike the them because of all the hype. I know a couple folks that don't think they're any good - and I think people like me are to blame. If you'd never heard a Beatles song in your life, but people keep telling you how amazing they are - you might dislike them too. And truth be told, I am not a huge fan of early Beatles. I enjoy the later records (like this one) that got into more musical experimentation in lieu of bubblegum Brit pop. If nothing else though, even if you dislike them - I think you have to respect what they did for music. If you take this record as an example, it came out in 1967. You could basically use this same style and similar lyrics and your record would be a hit. It's a timeless sound. So many current artists focus on what the Beatles did to basically reinvent themselves and try to duplicate that success. Anyway, this album is awesome. It's a nice 11x platinum in the states, their best selling non greatest hits type album I think. Oh wait, Abbey Road has sold more - scratch that. Regardless, it's awesome. If you haven't heard it all, check it out. If you don't love the Beatles, listen again anyway. I think you'll be surprised how much you have your toes tapping and ears glued to the lyrics. Between this and Hootie, your day should FLY by!!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
2. With a Little Help from My Friends
3. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
4. Getting Better
5. Fixing a Hole
6. She's Leaving Home
7. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
8. Within You Without You
9. When I'm Sixty-Four
10. Lovely Rita
11. Good Morning Good Morning
12. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
13. Day in the Life, A

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Kite
2. Sgt. Peppers
3. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

FINAL RATING:
5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment