Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hootie And The Blowfish - Cracked Rear View



I don't care who you are, where you come from, what kind of music you enjoy, how old you are. You love Hootie. It's okay. You're in the company of other Hootie lovers. Go ahead and come out of the closet. Everyone in the world was singing along to this record when it came out 1994 and still rocks out with it to this very day. This might astound you, but Rear View has gone 16x Platinum!! Boom! The proof is in the Hootie pudding right there. One of the best selling records ever. If by some crazy turn of events you've never heard this - you need to check it out. It's a pretty solid blend of pop, rock and maybe a dash of country. The Blowfish couldn't ever duplicate this success, and ended up splitting in 2008. Hootie (Darius Rucker) wanted to move on to pursue his solo interests in country music. Maybe I'll review one of his albums sometime soon. I don't think I've ever heard anything by him. The only knock I have is how Darius hated being called Hootie. I mean, that's what YOU named your band. If you didn't want to be called that - call yourself Darius and the Blowfish. I think a myriad of people around the world really thought his legal name was Hootie. How would you know better? Anyway, great record. Start to finish - very worth the amount of sales it's done. Check it out and melt away your hump day!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Hannah Jane
2. Hold My Hand
3. Let Her Cry
4. Only Wanna Be With You
5. Running From an Angel
6. I'm Goin' Home
7. Drowning
8. Time
9. Look Away
10. Not Even the Trees
11. Goodbye
12. Motherless Child

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Let Her Cry
2. Hannah Jane
3. Time

FINAL RATING:
4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment