Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Eels - Tomorrow Morning



New Music Tuesday is slapping me across the face with one of my favorite bands this week. This is the final leg of a trio of concept albums that started with Hombre Lobo, proceeded by End Times and now this. The goal of the concepts was to explore desire, loss, and redemption during each album. They all came out in the late 2009 to mid 2010 timeframes. This one has a bit of an electronic feel to it, fitting for Techno Tuesday. A couple of the tracks are really into the background beat and then E dropping lyrics over the top. But of course, it wouldn't be an Eels record without some signature ballads - in which it has a couple of those too. There are certain artists you identify with, and they can do no wrong in your eyes. The Eels are that way for me. At first couple listens (big shock coming) I love it. It wraps up the trio very well, and blends in with their style perfectly. The Eels are coming to the Pabst in October this year, and I can't wait to hear some of this new stuff live. Of course I would also enjoy them playing nothing but 'Beautiful Freak' over and over as well. I still think these guys are the best band you're not listening to. I know I've persuaded a couple of you to listen to them, and so far so good. I think they have a style that anyone can jive with. I do NOT recommend starting with this though. If you're going to begin your Eels adventure, pick up BF first, then work your way into the new stuff. Let them take you on the magical journey in which it was intended. Enjoy B Siders!

TRACK LISTING:
1. In Gratitude For This Magnificent Day
2. I'm a Hummingbird
3. Morning, The
4. Baby Loves Me
5. Spectacular Girl
6. What I Have To Offer
7. This is Where It Gets Good
8. After the Earthquake
9. Oh So Lovely
10. Man, The
11. Looking Up
12. That's Not Her Way
13. I Like the Way This is Going
14. Mystery of Life

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Oh So Lovely
2. The Morning
3. Spectacular Girl

FINAL RATING:
4.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment