Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Santana - Abraxas



So this last weekend, follower Janis! and I got together for a music swap. I encourage everyone to get together with friends and do that. I mean, keep coming to The B Side as your source of new music ideas and ways to get through your day - but swapping with friends is a great way to learn about new stuff. Janis and I have very similar music tastes, but even between us - much music was swapped. One thing that came up, a little Carlos Santana. Now, he's on my short list of best guitarists of all time. Janis realized she had little or no Santana, and I had a few tracks to swap. I then realized that I'd never reviewed an album by him on the blog! Well here comes classic rock day, and Carlos Santana. Abraxas is his second studio album. Carlos had released his first album that saw moderate success due to the track 'Evil Ways'. Then he played Woodstock, and decided to capitalize on that show by dropping a second record. If you've never heard of Santana, he blends latin music super great beats and a very heavy guitar. His solos are some of the best in the business. You pretty much have to check this out. You may not fall in love with it, but just to say you're familiar with Santana is a good thing to be able to tell people. I enjoy it, enough to buy it. So I'll pass it on to you that way. Groove your way into Friday with some Santana.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Singing Winds, Crying Beasts
2. Black Magic Woman / Gypsy Queen
3. Oye Como Va
4. Incident at Neshabur
5. Se a Cabo
6. Mother's Daughter
7. Samba Pa Ti
8. Hope You're Feeling Better
9. El Nicoya
10. Se a Cabo (Live)
11. Toussaint L'Overture (Live)
12. Black Magic Woman / Gypsy Queen (Live)

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Black Magic Woman
2. Oye Como Va
3. Hope You're Feeling Better

FINAL RATING:
4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment