Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges



Going to be totally candid today, my head feels like it's going to explode. The quality of my posts yesterday, today and possibly tomorrow could be seriously lacking. Anyway, MMJ. These guys formed in good old Louisville, Kentucky back in 1998. The story goes the lead singer saw the letters MMJ on a discarded jacket and just had to run with it. I'm not really sure how I would classify these guys. Probably just straight up indie rock. They've got a few tracks that are harder, more fast paced - but they certainly know how to slow it down. I feel like these guys started to grow at the wrong time. They came on quick during that big punk revolution and they simply don't fit that bill. If you tossed on this record and expected FOB, or Panic, you'd be quite disappointed. I like this album. I like that it starts out with a huge instrumental number. There are only a couple tracks that I tend to skip. This could potentially be classified as a good band you're not listening to, but I honestly have no idea how big these guys really are. Hit me up if you enjoy some MMJ. Otherwise, rock your Wednesday out!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Evil Urges
2. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream, Pt. 1
3. Highly Suspicious
4. I'm Amazed
5. Thank You Too!
6. Sec Walkin
7. Two Halves
8. Librarian
9. Look at You
10. Aluminum Park
11. Remnants
12. Smokin from Shootin
13. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream, Pt. 2
14. Good Intentions

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. I'm Amazed
2. Touch Me I'm Going To Scream (Both Parts)
3. Aluminum Park

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment