Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Friday, August 20, 2010

Live - Throwing Copper



Throwing Copper. Such a big album back in the 1994 timeframe. Crazy thinking back on it, but half this record came out as big singles. I certainly recall picking this album up and thinking it was one of the best albums I'd ever heard. Well - as I stated yesterday, my musical tastes have changed, and I wouldn't put this album so high today. While it's still good, it's not the great record people made it out to be back then. I definitely played it too much and got tired of it, and looking back on it now, the songs that I overplayed - I still don't really enjoy. But it speaks volumes of the album when I dislike 4 or 5 tracks and it's still worth listening to. This album 8x platinum, and by far their best selling of the 7 albums they've dropped. Probably also the best album, but I enjoyed Secret Samadhi too. Turns out, they took a 2 year hiatus back in 2006 or so - and that hiatus is now permanent. The lead singer of Live is pretty much a total piece of you know what. He demanded lead singer bonuses and wanted guaranteed money for making another album. The other guys said no thanks, and the band broke up. Probably for the best, as I'm guessing most fans haven't really listened to anything by them in nearly a decade. Such as life. Anyway, give this one another go 'round. Relive what was probably the best decade for music, 1994. Happy Friday B Siders!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Dam at Otter Creek, The
2. Selling the Drama
3. I Alone
4. Iris
5. Lightning Crashes
6. Top
7. All Over You
8. Shit Towne
9. T.B.D.
10. Stage
11. Waitress
12. Pillar of Davidson
13. White, Discussion
14. Untitled

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. The Dam At Otter Creek
2. I Alone
3. Selling The Drama

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment