Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Eels - Hombre Lobo: 12 Songs Of Desire



The Eels. I'm doing this review today for a few reasons. First being, the Eels are still amazing. I've profiled them before, but I don't think a lot of readers have given them their due yet. Second, they're putting on a show in October at the Pabst Theater in Milwaukee, WI. Everyone who lives in that area should be there. It's been said before, but I'll say it again - this is the best band you're not listening to. Thirdly, I needed to run an 'oddball' type review today, and the Eels will always fit that mold. They still don't fit into any sort of genre that I can pick up on. Their music is just a ride down great roller coaster, you go up the ramp and when you start coming down the big drop - you have no idea what's ahead. You just know you're going to love it. Hombre Lobo was their 7th studio release back in 2009. This was part of a trio of concept albums released by the Eels in late 2009 through the beginning of 2010. 'End Times' dropped in January of this year and then 'Tomorrow Morning' will be released here in a couple weeks. I'll need to make sure I'm well versed in all their tuneage for the show, so I'll try to get to all those albums this month/next month. You'll recall I reviewed their first studio release, 'Beautiful Freak' and gave it great reviews. Nothing is going to change with this rating. I'm not sure it's AS good as that one, but it's certainly not behind my very much. The Eels always have such great arrangements and such a fantastic sound that it's hard not to enjoy what they do. I know you'll love them too, so please check this one out. And please, enjoy them and come to the show. Good times shall be had by everyone! Blast your way through Thursday with all the Eels greatness.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Prizefighter
2. That Look You Give That Guy
3. Lilac Breeze
4. In My Dreams
5. Tremendous Dynamite
6. Longing, The
7. Fresh Blood
8. What's a Fella Gotta Do
9. My Timing is Off
10. All the Beautiful Things
11. Beginner's Luck
12. Ordinary Man

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Ordinary Man
2. The Longing
3. All The Beautiful Things

FINAL RATING:
4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment