Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Frightened Rabbit - Midnight Organ Fight



Okay, so I lied. I lied on multiple accounts. First off, I'm much later posting than I thought I'd be. Sorry about that. Computer didn't come back until later. Second, I said I'd come through with Black Label Society and their new album today. Well, Amazon is freaking out on their samples for some reason - so they'll have to wait. Brutal! Anyway. My esteemed follower Shaquanda recommended this band a pretty long time ago now. The album she requested is not available either, but this one is. So I figured why not? Seems like an interesting band - might as well give them a go. They're a Scottish indie rock band that has been making tuneage since 2006 or so. I have to say at first two listens, this is pretty f'n awesome. Exactly the kind of indie music I love. It's kind of like a Counting Crows meets REM type vibe. The arrangements are pretty neat on various tracks, the lyrics are solid and the overall feel makes me want to listen to more and more. I'm not really sure what else I can say except, check this out. If you're like me and never heard of them, it's a worth while listen. If you're Shaquanda or anyone else that's heard them, what do you think of the other albums? Are they just as worth while? I really dig this and will probably get to the other ones fairly soon. It's a great way to mellow out your Tuesday.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Modern Leper, The
2. I Feel Better
3. Good Arms vs. Bad Arms
4. Fast Blood
5. Old Old Fashioned
6. Twist, The
7. Bright Pink Bookmark
8. Head Rolls Off
9. My Backwards Walk
10. Keep Yourself Warm
11. Extrasupervery
12. Poke
13. Floating in the Forth
14. Who'd You Kill Now?

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Modern Leper
2. Fast Blood
3. Head Rolls Off

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment