Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, August 2, 2010

Chris Cagle - Play It Loud



Back to the grind. Another weekend flies by, another week of music begins. It's been a little while since I've gotten to JenInTosa's country suggestions, so back to it. Chris Cagle. Now - no specific album was given, so that gave me some creative license. To show you how creative I am, I went this good ol' numero uno. Well - it's actually his best selling album as well. And - it contained the most radio 'hits'. So 'Play It Loud' seems to be the work to start with in terms of Mr. Cagle. He doesn't have an entertaining back story at all. He was born in Louisiana, moved to Texas where he lived and finished high school and now lives in Oklahoma. Snoozefest. He was working odd jobs when he was discovered - which seems to be the case for half the artists I look into. When it comes to tuneage, he's country. Through and through. My first time through, the only thing that caught my attention was how he slows down a lot in different spots. The opening track is VERY upbeat and from what I understand made him famous. But then you get to track 2, and he slows it down a bit, shows off a little vocal range. This certainly doesn't have that monotone thing that I hate, it's got a lot of different arrangements and sounds. I think this is better than I thought it'd be. I really enjoy the slowed down tracks. The upbeat ones are a little bland for me - meaning they sound very similar to any other fast paced country out there. His ballad-y tracks are really his signature for me as a listener. I'd say check this out. If you have that 'mood' love like I do - there are a few really nice tracks for you. Happy Monday!

TRACK LISTING:
1. My Love Goes on and On
2. Laredo
3. Safe Side, The
4. Country by the Grace of God
5. Ton of Love
6. Play It Loud
7. Are You Ever Gonna Love Me
8. Who Needs the Whiskey
9. Love Between a Woman and a Man, The
10. Lovin' You Lovin' Me
11. Rock the Boat
12. I Breathe in, I Breathe Out

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Laredo
2. Who Needs The Whiskey
3. I Breathe In, I Breathe Out

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment