Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wallflowers - Bringing Down The Horse



Kind of like Hootie - go ahead and admit it, you love this album. Who didn't? When this came out in 1996, I think everyone and their brother was grooving to the Wallflowers. To this day if any of these tracks comes on unexpectedly in the car - I sing as loud as I possibly can to them. They have that effect on you. Some people hate on these fellas because they're big Bob Dylan fans, and feel his son Jakob doesn't live up to those high expectations. Or people can't stand Bob and take it out on Jakob in turn as well. That's what we call a lose, lose. Give him and the Wallflowers a break! They might not be the best band ever, but this record is more than worth listening to. If you like Bobby's gruff voice, Jakob does something similar. Maybe a little more smooth during the chorus, but still very raw sounding in most spots. They actually have five studio albums out, with this being the 2nd and most successful at 4x platinum. I can't say I've heard anything else by them, so maybe I'll check them out soon. If I enjoy them half as much as this record, it'll be worth my while. This is a great way to make your hump day fly by right here. Put on 'Horse' and sing your way through Wednesday!

TRACK LISTING:
1. One Headlight
2. 6th Avenue Heartache
3. Bleeders
4. Three Marlenas
5. Difference, The
6. Invisible City
7. Laughing Out Loud
8. Josephine
9. God Don't Make Lonely Girls
10. Angel on My Bike
11. I Wish I Felt Nothing

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. 6th Avenue Heartache
2. One Headlight
3. The Difference

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment