Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, August 30, 2010

Garbage - Self Titled



Sometimes when I'm going back on my old alternative rock collection, I skip over this album. And then when I finally get back to giving it a chance, I remember how great it is. The music is really good, and what 12 year old boy didn't have a super crush on Shirley Manson? I know I did. Plus, these guys formed right in my current backyard of Madison, Wisconsin! You have to love that! Garbage has four studio records out, with this being number one and being 2x platinum. Garbage hasn't put anything out since 2005, but are currently all back in talks to putting something out again as early as end of 2010. Not sure about you, but that makes me somewhat excited. I haven't really heard any of the more recent stuff, but I feel like they have a sound I can always jive to. Manson's voice will never get old, as long as they have a nice backdrop and sweet vocals, I'll be a fan. This album has been reissued more times than I can count, due to label changes and all that jazz. It was recorded at the infamous Smart Studios here in Madison, and if you don't know, that building has been the birthplace of many epic albums. Do a Wiki search on it sometime, you'll be impressed. If you have not heard this album, check it out. It's a fun listen. And if you haven't heard it since 1995, pick it up again - totally worth it.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Supervixen
2. Queer
3. Only Happy When It Rains
4. As Heaven Is Wide
5. Not My Idea
6. Stroke of Luck, A
7. Vow
8. Stupid Girl
9. Dog New Tricks
10. My Lover's Box
11. Fix Me Now
12. Milk

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Stupid Girl
2. Only Happy When It Rains
3. Queer

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment