Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Haddaway - Self Titled



Techno Tuesday!! Time to get to the album that contains one of my favorite songs ever. Such an iconic song too. There aren't many places you go that if 'What Is Love' comes on - people at the very least aren't smiling about it. Most people will get up and move at least in the slightest bit. I can safely say that I've never heard this album before today. In all the years I've enjoyed that track, I'd never thought to go and pick up the cd. As I've learned with dance type music however, just because you enjoy one song certainly doesn't mean you'll like the rest. This probably falls into that category. It's got a bit of an odd vibe to it. It's basically a Seal cd. Yeah - I'm going to go with that. It's like if Seal put out a new album and decided to put some dance music behind half of the tracks. What a great comparison by me. High five!! Anyway, it's neither bad nor good. It's just kind of there. I'd listen to probably 4 or 5 tracks - but the rest I could do without. Quite the bummer considering how loudly I play What Is Love whenever it comes on my headphones, sub setup or car. I would tell you if you're really interested in dance stuff - go ahead and give it a sample. Otherwise, you could probably sit this one out.

TRACK LISTING:
1. What Is Love
2. Life (Everybody Needs Somebody To Love)
3. Yeah
4. Come Back (Love Has Got a Hold on Me)
5. I Miss You
6. What Is Love [Rapino Bros Mix]
7. Stir It Up (Bob Marley Cover)
8. Sing About Love
9. Mama's House
10. Rock My Heart
11. Tell Me Where It Hurts
12. Shout
13. Life (Everybody Needs Somebody To Love)[Mission Control Mix]

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. What Is Love
2. Life
3. Rock My Heart

FINAL RATING:
2.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment