Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, June 21, 2010

Boston - Self Titled



Classic rock. Music that I love, but apparently don't listen to as often as I think based on my Top 25. Boston is a band that has always intrigued me. I've always been a fan of combining the fast paced guitar with the electronics and calling it great music. Bands like Boston, Styx and Supertramp have such a different sound that is tough to master. There are a million great guitar players out there, and sometimes that heavy sound can start to all sound the same. Add in some synth and some great vocals and you've got the magic that is Boston. If you don't believe me on how good this record is, take a guess as to how many albums it's sold? Go ahead guess. I'll wait. Got a number in mind? And you're thinking...hmm, Platinum. Maybe 3x platinum. Close. 17 TIMES PLATINUM! Absolutely amazing. And it is indeed that good! Only 8 tracks which was about the max you could get on old LP's. But that's what makes these records so good. You'd get 8 tracks, and about the same time as a cd today, but they were solid start to finish. You didn't have fluff tracks like you do today just to fill space and make it 14-18 tracks. As you could guess the band is from Boston. The lead singer went to MIT and started writing there, and that's how the band got started. I promise you you'll enjoy this record. Please check it out!

TRACK LISTING:
1. More Than a Feeling
2. Peace of Mind
3. Foreplay/Long Time
4. Rock and Roll Band
5. Smokin'
6. Hitch a Ride
7. Something About You
8. Let Me Take You Home Tonight

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Foreplay/Long Time
2. More Than A Feeling
3. Peace Of Mind

FINAL RATING:
4.75 out of 5 stars

4 comments:

  1. i can't believe you didn't give this a fiver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I debated and debated! But really, it isn't as good as:

    Zeppelin IV
    Dark Side
    Nirvana Unplugged
    Skynyrd Self Titled

    Although it's close. I could bump it up to a 4.75.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, nirvana unplugged. if i could have seen one show ever in life that i wasn't able to go to, that is the one i would have picked. that or probably a late zeppelin show or early metallica show, but only if i couldn't have nirvana unplugged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally. That show would have been insane to have been at.

    The only thing I may have put above it, would be Hendrix live. I have to imagine that would have been outstanding.

    ReplyDelete