Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Miley Cirus - Can't Be Tamed



Sarcastic hooray for New Music Tuesday today. Well, 50% sarcasm anyway. The first of two new music reviews is Miley Cirus. Can I operate under the assumption that everyone knows who she is? Maybe I can't. Here is a quick background check. Miley was born in 1992 as the daughter to one Billy Ray Cyrus - the guy that filled our airwaves with 'Achy Breaky Heart'. She gained fame by playing a character for Disney named Hannah Montana. I almost feel sorry for this girl, just because she got caught in the same trap all child stars get caught in. She was this innocent little Disney singer and then at some point around 16ish years old, she wanted to break away from that character and become you know, herself. Well, we all know that once you work for Disney - they own the rights to your soul, so she had issues with getting out. There were all sorts of controversies like her in a photo in just a bikini, or her underwear - you know, all things that a regular 16 year old girl would NEVER do. Stupid. I'm not sure how successful her solo career will be as Miley, just due to most fans seeing Hannah Montana and maybe not wanting to hear more provocative lyrics or even any subject other than homework and candy. This album isn't anything you haven't heard in a previous pop record. You can tell she influenced heavily by Gaga and she tried to add a lot of dance beats behind pop lyrics. It sounds like she wants this to be her last pop album ever, and she wants to lean more toward music that "inspires" her. We'll see if she ends up down a Britney type road. TBD.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Liberty Walk
2. Who Owns My Heart
3. Can't Be Tamed
4. Every Rose Has It's Thorn
5. Two More Lonely People
6. Forgiveness and Love
7. Permanent December
8. Stay
9. Scars
10. Take Me Along
11. Robot
12. My Heart Beats For Love

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Forgiveness And Love
2. Two More Lonely People
3. Stay

FINAL RATING:
2.5 out of 5 stars

3 comments:

  1. You know, I didn't hate it... I just thought it was all sounds I have heard before. I doubt an older crowd will embrace her as a singer/performer. I think she is going to grow out of her current fans pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...it isn't super awful, but nothing to come back to.

    And I agree. She'll really have to changer her style if she wants to shed that teenager following. She could probably do it, but it's a long road.

    ...And thanks for the remark Mith. I know you dislike the pop.

    ReplyDelete