Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Friday, June 4, 2010

Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American




Friday brings me to Jimmy Eat World, a band that probably everyone is semi-familiar with. Very rarely do I get to offer up a band that was formed in Arizona. Not that it really matters to me, but for some reason I can't think of any others that came from that hot, hot state. Kind of an interesting tidbit on how they came up with their name: The band's name came from a crayon drawing made after an incident between Linton's younger brothers, Jim and Ed, who fought frequently. Jim usually won, but Ed sought revenge by drawing a picture of Jim shoving the Earth into his mouth; the picture bore the caption "Jimmy eat world". Kind of a neat story. Typically you don't ever learn how bands come up with their name, or it's a really stupid story like that of Nickelback. Man I hate them. I should rant about that someday. Oh well. Anyway, Jimmy's got a pretty good feel to it. Another interesting fact, 'Bleed American' was retitled to a self titled album after the 9/11 attacks on America. That's a touch confusing since their 1994 debut was self titled, but the message was well received. This is their best selling record ever, and for good reason. It's pretty solid all the way through. I would recommend checking this one out to blast through your Friday.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Bleed American
2. Praise Chorus, A
3. Middle, The
4. Your House
5. Sweetness
6. Hear You Me
7. If You Don't, Don't
8. Get It Faster
9. Cautioners
10. Authority Song, The
11. My Sundown

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Sweetness
2. A Praise Chorus
3. My Sundown

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. "if you dont, dont" is the tenth most played song in my itunes, right after "pennies from heaven" - louis prima and right before "movies" - AAF. my top three would be either "if you dont, dont" or "authority song" and then "sweetness" or "bleed american."

    on a side note, I bet you can't guess the remainder of my top 25 most played songs in itunes. and on another side note, i think it would be cool if you posted YOUR top 25 most played in itunes. or whatever you use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to post that sometime soon. Maybe tomorrow if I feel like ranting a bit. For some reason, I really enjoy Praise Chorus. I shouldn't as it's kind of lame, but it gets me singing.

    I probably can't name them. And mine are a touch skewed since I have other people listening to iTunes. But I can weed those out, and post my Top 25 or 50.

    ReplyDelete