Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ozzy Osbourne - Scream



So New Music Tuesday. I just got done talking about how it was my favorite day of the week, but man - what a chore this week. First off, there is NOTHING new coming out this week. There was a Papa Roach greatest hits album out today, which by the way - who do they think they are? What did they have, like 4 good songs, and they have the gumption to put out a greatest hits record? Lame. So then came the Indigo Girls with a new one, well that was odd. So they put out a new record today, but according to Wikipedia the album doesn't exist. And it was to be a double album that had some snags per multiple web sites but was out per others. AHH! I am going nuts. So finally I said forget it, and I'll post new music that was truly new on 6/22. I would have gotten to it back then, but the samples were not posted. ANYWAY, Ozzy. I don't think I need to yield too much background with him. If you don't know Sabbath or his solo stuff, you probably know his reality show - or other media he's done in the past decade. He truly is the definition of artist. He writes, performs and acts on a high level. He captured this 'Prince of Darkness' persona and always carries it through. That's kind of why the reality show was such a disappointment, but oh well. This is a very typical metal album from Ozzy. I don't think it's amazing, but it certainly isn't bad. It's just all too familiar for me. Plus, I'm in a bad mood from the whole fiasco. But even staying objective, this is simply average. I'd say if you're a big Ozzy fan, give it a go - otherwise, sit it out.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Let It Die
2. Let Me Hear You Scream
3. Soul Sucker
4. Life Won't Wait
5. Diggin' Me Down
6. Crucify
7. Fearless
8. Time
9. I Want It More
10. Latimer's Mercy
11. I Love You All

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Diggin' Me Down
2. Time
3. Fearless

FINAL RATING:
2.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment