Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Jack Johnson - To The Sea



It's a triple review day on the B Side, with a second edition of New Music Tuesday. I figured since it was a long holiday weekend, I can repay the readers with an extra review! And it so happens that one of my favorite 'mood' genre acts has another drop today. If you can recall, I reviewed Mr. Johnson's 'Brushfire Fairytales' a couple months ago. While I love that album, a couple of this other studio releases were misses for me. This one reverts right back into Fairytale quality. Superior acoustics and vocals on a number of tracks makes this a must listen. In January Johnson reported that they entered the studio to begin work on a new album, and on February 1st they announced that their currently untitled fifth studio album was slated for a June 1st release, to be followed by a world tour. The album was recorded over three weeks in Johnson's two solar-powered studios, The Mango Tree in Hawaii and the Solar Powered Plastic Plant in Los Angeles. And how neat is that? When asked about the album title, his comment to press was, "I guess it's a reference to a father leading his son to the sea, with the water representing the subconscious. So it's about trying to go beneath the surface and understand yourself." As I stated earlier, check this one out. If you're a Jack fan, you'll love it.

TRACK LISTING:
1. You and Your Heart
2. To the Sea
3. No Good With Faces
4. At or With Me
5. When I Look Up
6. From the Clouds
7. My Little Girl
8. Turn Your Love
9. Upsetter, The
10. Red Wine, Mistakes, Mythology
11. Pictures of People Taking Pictures
12. Anything But the Truth
13. Only the Ocean

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. You And Your Heart
2. Anything But The Truth
3. To The Sea

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment