Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Colbie Calliat - Coco



It's a mood review day on the B Side. Now, I'm not certain - but I thought someone directed me to review Colbie, but I might be making that up. I can't find it in the Suggestion Box and short of plowing through every comment ever made on the B Side, I'll just trust my gut on it. Regardless of the potential suggestion, I heard of Colbie a really long time ago. In addition to being the Single Of The Week on iTunes in 2007, she also has a cool story about her MySpace page. Her page was so popular that she was the biggest unsigned artist for four months. I'm not exactly sure how they calculate that, but there must be some kind of metric. I think her music is good - not outstanding. I'm still really looking for that female Jack Johnson, a really laid back acoustic hammering lady. I had hopes for that with Bubbly, but the rest of the record doesn't match that sound. I have this, but don't listen to it very often. I'd much rather put on other records in my Mood catalog. The positive about her, is that she's pretty attractive - looks a bit like Jen Aniston to me. That's neither here nor there. I'd say check it out - there are a couple really good tracks on here. Just remember, that the album Coco has nothing to do with Conan O'Brien unfortunately. I'm with COCO!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Oxygen
2. Little Things, The
3. One Fine Wine
4. Bubbly
5. Feelings Show
6. Midnight Bottle
7. Realize
8. Battle
9. Tailor Made
10. Magic
11. Tied Down
12. Capri

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Realize
2. Battle
3. Capri

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. It was never an official "Suggestion Box" suggestion. I said I should put it in there because it was half of my 25 most played songs on iTunes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah!!! Now it rings a bell!

    Well, I got to it, and it was decent. Hopefully you weren't too offended by my review.

    ReplyDelete