Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, September 13, 2010

Joe Nichols - III



Drop a knee slap and then play the spoons on your thigh. It's country day again on the B Side! Yeeeee Haaaawwww!! JenInTosa again provides a suggestion for Joe Nichols. Her suggestion this time came with one caveat, she asked that I listened to his voice first, then found a photo. Well, I tried that this morning - and I'm a bit surprised. His vocal sounds straight out of the roarin' 70s country. I'd expect him to have a big cowboy hat on, and probably even be slightly older. And yet, here he is probably in his late 20's in the photo I caught. (and then I think right around 30 when he recorded this record) Nichols was born in Arkansas, and is part native american, with the Cherokee tribe. His sound is pretty classic country, lyrically though - he's a little less old school. Much of this album is (I think) intended more for fun listening. I'm guessing it's something that you could enjoy at a party or in that type of setting. Even a nice country to drive to. There is one ballady track at the end, and it's actually a pretty good song. Something you could end a dance with. This one dropped in 2005 and is certified gold only. He has one other platinum record, but the rest didn't chart. I think what I like about this, is the humor is subtle, but still in every way funny. It's not an in your face style like maybe Big N Rich, but still carries country melodies and good music principles. I'd say check it out...it's got some decent stuff on it.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Size Matters (Someday)
2. Freedom Feels Like Lonely
3. Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off
4. Talk Me Out of Tampa
5. That's What Love'll Get You
6. I'll Wait for You
7. Should I Come Home (Or Should I Go Crazy?)
8. My Old Friend the Blues
9. As Country as She Gets
10. Honky Tonk Girl
11. Just a Little More

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Just A Little More
2. Tequila Makes Her Dress Fall Off
3. Size Matters

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment