Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway



Ahh yes, Kelly Clarkson. Made famous by Steve Carrell in 40 Year Old Virgin. Okay, so maybe she was made famous by some singing show. Can't recall the name of it off the top of my head. So, I took a lot of flak for putting 'Since U Been Gone' on my Top 100 of the 2000's. I can't stress enough that I'm not a Clarkson fan. But even if you dislike her too, you have to admit her rise has been nothing short of meteoric. To me, it shows what's wrong with music today, and pop music specifically - but hey, it's what the masses want. That show I eluded to above, it's a pretty big show. I mean, millions and millions of people tune in every week to watch this contest. (by the way, why do tv people still use the phrase tune in? when is the last time anyone tuned in?) Anyway, that show is huge. And in my opinion, she's the biggest star from that show. An argument can be made for Underwood, but I don't think in terms of overall success, that argument is valid. Clarkson hits a much wider audience. I think having an Idol representative was necessary, and who better than Clarkson. And what better song than her biggest. Like I said, I don't like this, but you can't deny its impact on pop culture. If you're a pop fan, check this out today. If you're not, comment back to me that you think this was a waste of a post.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Breakaway
2. Since U Been Gone
3. Behind These Hazel Eyes
4. Because of You
5. Gone
6. Addicted
7. Where Is Your Heart
8. Walk Away
9. You Found Me
10. I Hate Myself for Losing You
11. Hear Me
12. Beautiful Disaster (Live)

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Since U Been Gone
2. Because Of You
3. Breakaway

FINAL RATING:
2.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment