Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Silverchair - Frogstomp



There are songs in your lives that you can identify with certain events or periods of time. Maybe even bands. For me, Silverchair always takes me straight back to middle school. I remember having a really great time at the school dance and this band was playing when my parents picked me up afterward. (Ugh, parents picking me up - what a terrible time). Anyway - the song playing was 'Tomorrow' and for some reason, I've obviously never forgotten that to this day. Crazy. One night 15 years ago I recall this song playing. If you didn't already know, this band is from Australia, and formed in 1992. They certainly fit the same alt rock style that was sweeping the US at the very same time. There is currently a new untitled record in the works - with the only leak coming that it might be named "Album #6". According to the wonderful people at the RIAA, Frogstomp is a rockin' 2x platinum. Not super surprising it's not higher, just because of the lack of monster tracks. Other than 'Tomorrow', the only other one that saw any radio play was 'Pure Massacre'. There isn't a lot to dislike about this album. It's got that grungy style that I loved back then, and still love today. The lyrics are certainly not at all solid, but the ragged vocals of Daniel Johns - it almost makes up for it. This is 100% worth checking out today. I'm guessing many of you didn't listen to this in full back in the day, so go for it now. I think you'll be happy you did.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Israel's Son
2. Tomorrow
3. Faultline
4. Pure Massacre
5. Shade
6. Leave Me Out
7. Suicidal Dream
8. Madman
9. Undecided
10. Cicada
11. Findaway

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Tomorrow
2. Pure Massacre
3. Israel's Son

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment