Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weezer - Hurley



New Music Tuesday! Hooray!! I think this might be one of the things I look forward to most - I love new music. Today had a pretty good amount of stuff. Weezer - one of my favorite bands ever, dropped a new one, as did Linkin Park. Weezer being a fave, of course I decided to run with them. And let me tell you, I'm hard on these guys. Ratitude dropped last year, and I did not care for it one bit. It's like their album 'Make Believe' which had the single 'Beverly Hills' on it. It was wasn't normal Weezer. It's like someone stole the songwriter and replaced him with this pop writer and composer. Blue, Green and Red are all very good or great albums. Pinkerton and Maladroit are also pretty solid. I'll get to them all in due time, I think I've already gotten to review two of them. Blue was my planned 100th review, for good reason. It's a classic. Is this one up on that type of status? Time will tell. Weezer left Geffen records and was talking about putting this album out on their own for a while. Instead, they signed with independent label Epitaph, and dropped Hurley. It's named this, and the album cover is of Chilean-American actor Jorge Garcia who played Hurley Reyes on the show 'Lost'. At first couple glances this morning, I'm digging this one. There are a couple tracks that fall back into the too poppy category, but there are others that are right in Weezer's wheelhouse. I'm going to have to listen to this another 10 times before I really understand what my top tracks are, but I'll come up with an initial top 3. I'm going to rush out and buy this tonight, so it's at least giving a decent first impression. Check it out. If you are like me and love Weezer, I think you'll enjoy this one too.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Memories
2. Ruling Me
3. Trainwrecks
4. Unspoken
5. Where's My Sex?
6. Run Away
7. Hang On
8. Smart Girls
9. Brave New World
10. Time Flies

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Unspoken
2. Hang On
3. Trainwrecks

FINAL RATING:
TBD, but at first listen - 3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment