Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sick Puppies - Tri-Polar



Thursday springs forth with a review straight from the Suggestion Box. Shaqwanda dropped in a note about Sick Puppies, and specifically this record. Which by the way is always much appreciated. I'll take anything I get, but it's always nice to get both artist and album, because often times artists have quite different styles album to album. If you're jamming on a specific record, I like to hear what you're listening to! Anyway, these fellas are an Aussie rock band that formed in 1997. They rose up to the big stage back in 2006 when a video for their track 'All The Same' was uploaded to YouTube for the Free Hugs Campaign in Sydney. Tri-Polar is their third studio album, and has not charted in the US. What's semi crazy, is I didn't think I'd really heard of this band before, but it turns out they lent out a single from this album to the WWE for a Pay Per View event. It's not a track that will be in the Top 3, but it's decent nonetheless. I'm reading that the harsher critics are saying that the Aussie band is developing a sound that's 'too American' for their tastes, and that this album has nothing at all memorable about it. I don't agree with that. I think this album is pretty solid. I won't tell you guys to rush out and buy it - but it's certainly worth a listen today if you're looking for something to get you through the day. It's got a blend of punk rock, alt rock and a touch of metal sprinkled in for fun. OH, and I need to add the caveat that I could only listen to the 'clean' version, which is missing two tracks, 'War' and 'White Balloon'. So if you've heard it and those were your faves, let me know. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think.

TRACK LISTING:
1. War
2. I Hate You
3. Riptide
4. You're Going Down
5. Odd One
6. So What I Lied
7. Survive
8. Should've Known Better
9. Maybe
10. Don't Walk Away
11. Master of the Universe
12. In It for Life
13. White Balloons

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Maybe
2. I Hate You
3. Master Of The Universe

FINAL RATING:
2.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment