Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman



Boom boom boom boom boom boom, that's the sound of bass thumping over your headphones today. What does that mean exactly? Oh, you guessed it - Techno Tuesday is back! Booyah! Strumming through my dance artists this morning, I came across Underworld. Most of you probably don't know them, but I picked an album that has one track you may recognize. Take a listen to 'Cowgirl' and let me know if it sounds familiar. Anyway, this British dance group has been making tasty beats since 1980 - yep, since before I was born. That's a whole lotta rockin'! They got a big break around the time this album dropped, by providing many tracks on the Trainspotting soundtrack. They've kept at it as they dropped another album just earlier this month called 'Barking'. I didn't see that, otherwise I'd have probably done a two-fer Techno and New Music Tuesday. Regardless, their style is maybe slightly different than other beaty bands around. Nothing amazing, but every so often you'll find a track that you can't live without. That's my 'Cowgirl'. Whenever I listen to techno music, I love when that one pops up via shuffle. By no means is this a classic, or a must listen - but it's a pretty solid dance album. If you're in that upbeat mode today, check it out. This one dates back to 1994 and is gold certified in the UK. Not a ton of commercial success for Underworld, but that doesn't mean they're bad. Check 'em out today, you might be toe tapping.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Dark and Long
2. Mmm Skyscraper I Love You
3. Surfboy
4. Spoonman
5. Tongue
6. Dirty Epic
7. Cowgirl
8. River of Bass
9. M.E.

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Cowgirl
2. Tongue
3. Spoonman

FINAL RATING:
4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment