Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Friday, September 24, 2010

Shiny Toy Guns - Season Of Poison



Suggestion Box time again - and another band brought to you by Shaqwanda. This is also another band based out of Los Angeles, and they formed in 2002. I think in the back of my mind, I'd heard of these guys before, but I'm not sure I could have identified anything by them. I know they had a track called 'Le Disko' off their first album that was a featured Single Of The Week on iTunes - but I only listened to that a handful of times. This is their second studio release, and it dropped back in 2008. In that couple years of existence, they only show 60,000 copies sold. To put that in perspective, larger artists sell that in a pre sale. And they sell that in a day on a pre sale. The question is, is that lack of sales justified? I say no! These guys are fairly unique and have a cool sound. I'm a huge electronic nerd, so when a rock band infuses that sort of sound, I love to hear it. I know some people created a genre called 'sythrock' or 'electronic rock', but those bands are so few and far between, creating a genre seems kind of silly. From what I'm reading though, this album is pretty different from their first, and the lead singer issues that as a reason why it might not have sold very well. "Too Different Too Soon" for the fans they established right away. Guns also introduced a female vocal on this album, and of course certain critics didn't like that either. I say give this a shot - at the very least my Top 3. I think you might enjoy it.

TRACK LISTING:
1. When Did This Storm Begin
2. Money for That
3. I Owe You a Love Song
4. Ghost Town
5. It Became a Lie on You
6. Ricochet!
7. Season of Love
8. Poison
9. Blown Away
10. Turned to Real Life
11. Frozen Oceans

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Frozen Oceans
2. When Did This Storm Begin
3. Ghost Town

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment